Tuesday, March 27, 2012

C25K Week 1, Day 1 take two

My pace is so laughably slow. I'm sure power walkers and joggers running backward could easily pass me by, but the slow pace meant no side stitches, no light headedness, and a successful outing. My legs were still in recovery from my first outing so they were pretty sore and tired right from the start, but I could feel them loosening up as I worked my way through the session.


I tinkered with my playlist and have a great group of songs that keep me thinking a little more about the music I'm listening to rather than just waiting to hear that voice say, "walk." "Going to Georgia" by The Mountain Goats kicked in at just the right time when walking was sounding so good:


When John Darnielle screams, "I have two big hands and a heart pumping blood and a 1967 Colt .45 with a busted safety catch," I can't help but keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment