Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finishing up week 1 and starting week 2

I finished Week 1, days 2 and 3 last week.  They were both a little brutal, especially day 3 on Sunday.  It was in the mid to high 80's, and the higher heat did a number on me.  I had to collapse in a heap and get a cool washcloth for my head as soon as I walked through the door.  In many ways, I think week one is probably one of the very hardest weeks of this program.  It's all about getting out of the rut of inactivity and getting into the mindset that I am indeed the kind of person that can get herself out there three days a week and jog.  My legs were sore, heavy, and tight throughout the week, and I was plagued with some insecurities as I ran.

I started week 2 today, and it felt great.  Apparently, the extra 30 seconds in the walking segment more than made up for the extra 30 seconds of jogging.  Somehow alternating 1:30 of jogging with 2:00 of walking felt so much better than switching between 1:00 of jogging and 1:30 of walking.  I'm looking forward to getting out there again Friday!  In just a week, I'm noticing that my legs feel looser and lighter, and I don't seem to mind seeing other "real" joggers out there.  I'm happy to be doing my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment